1. Accomplished MM Licensure Examination Form
2. Birth certifcate showing that the candidate is not less than 20 years of age (NSO authenticated);
3. Approved seagoing service, for a period of:
1. For Class I*
1. Not less than 36 months as OIC-NW (or combined with CM) on ships of 3,000 gt or more, or
2. Not less than 24 months as OIC-NW and CM combined, if not less than 12 months of such has been served as CM on ships of 3,000 goss tonnage or more;
2. For Class II**
1. Not less than 36 months as OIC-NW (whether combined with CM or not) on ships of 500 gt or more, or
2. Not less than 24 months as OIC-NW and CM combined, if not less than 12 months of such has been served as CM on ships of 500 goss tonnage or more;
3. In addition, the following requirements must be submitted under the following circumstances:
1. If the approved seagoing service for Class I or Class II is beyond 5 years ago, proof of passing the theoretical examination for OIC-NW 500 GT and above (based on STCW Circular 2014-8, Annex 1), compliant with the STCW 2010 Amendments, under Regulations II/2.2.1 and II/2.4.1;
2. If applying for Class I, but the approved seagoing service as OIC-NW is on ships between 500 and 3,000 gt only, an approved specialized training program in "Maneuvering and Handling a Ship 3,000 gt and above".
4. The above approved seagoing service may not be substituted with other types of approved service, as those equivalents may be allowed only for Revalidation of Certificate of Competency.
4. Approved Training Record Boook (TRB) as proof of in-service experience that meets the requirements of specific Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) under certain competences, under Section A-II/2 of the STCW Code, while a holder of the COC for OIC-NW 500GT and above, as alternative to specific modules in the MLCD;
5. Valid Medical Certificate, which shall not be more than 2 years from the date of issuance, from DOH-accredited clinic/hospital with QSS in place, in accordance with Regulation I/9 of the STCW Convention; and
6. Proof of successful completion of the approved MLCD, or its approved alternative(s);
7. In relation to the aternative(s) under Item 6 where the candidate claims partial completion of the management level education and training under the approved BSMT, Transcript of Records (TOR) with S.O. Number, from an accredited MHEI, clearly showing the proof of partial completion of the approved education and training program that meets the standard of competence specified in Section A-II/2 of the STCW Code, or as otherwise approved by the Administration.
8. Valid NBI Clearance
*Class I - means a Master or Chief Mate who is qualified and certificated for seagoing ships of Unlimited Tonnage, under the STCW Convention.
**Class II - means a Master or Chief Mate who is qualified and certificated for seagoing ships not excedding 3,000 gross tonnage, under the STCW Convention.